Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Digital Writing Reflection

  • What did you learn about yourself as a writer?
One thing that I think I learned, or more realized, about myself as a writer is simply the fact that I do not write, for fun that is, enough. I don't really take the time to creatively write, and I have never really been one to keep a journal or anything like that. However, having a blog for this class changed that for me and gave me a reason to write more, outside of just assignments for school (well kinda, I guess that's kinda what this was too lol). 

  • What did you learn about digital writing or being a member of a digital writing community?
I loved being able to so easily access so many peoples blogs! It was great to be able to read so many peoples posts as well as communicate via comments. Without a doubt digital writing seems to have widened the audience of writing. One of my favorite things about digital writing was the vast variety of types of writing in which it allows! For example, my blog posts contained everything from your typical writing form, to videos, pictures (wordless), and infographics! 

  • What lessons can you take to your classroom or share with future teachers about integrating blogging into instruction?
I would definitely consider incorporating a blog into a classroom of my own! I love how many doors it seemed to have open. I also loved that it seemed to be a more relaxed environment, that students may not be a threatened in, as well as it provided students a little more flexibility/option to what they write. And,  as I mentioned before the easy ability of commenting is a great feature, for both students and for teachers!   

  • Challenges/Successes?
My biggest challenge was not always knowing what to post or what to post about...however, the limitless amount of options, which I mentioned above, made it easier! Since I have never been much of a nonacademic writer I loved having the option to incorporate pictures and videos! All-in-all I am so glad that I tried out blogging!!

1 comment:

  1. Good work sticking to the work and figuring out how digital writing works on the student side. I think that you could do a class blog for your future students. Check out this blog that a 2nd -3rd grader started. http://fannytwoboots.blogspot.com/ There are many options to explore and I agree that the medium allows you to add as many different types of files to engage your readers.

    ReplyDelete