Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Little About Me

Hi!

A you have probably been able to piece together, due to the name of my blog (and my lack of creativity), my name is Heidi! I am a Junior at the University of Central Florida, majoring in Health Science Pre-Clinical, and am planning on later attending graduate school in order to get a PhD in Physical Therapy. I am also currently working towards a minor in Education. Unlike what the majority of people think of when they hear physical therapy, I do not want to work with athletes, but instead it is my goal and passion to work with special needs/handicapped children (hence the minor in education).

A HUGE (really the only) reason I even considered going into PT, is my brother. My brother, Joe, is younger than me but still happens to be my role model, the inspiration for a lot that I do, and my best friend. Joe was born with an extremely rare disorder, called Cockayne Syndrome. Cockayne syndrome affects only ONE out of every ONE MILLION people, and results in both physical and mental disabilities. With all of that aside, he is the happiest kid you'll ever meet and has taught me to live life to the fullest and to not let anything stand in your way. (Wow... I'm getting kinda sappy...) Anyway, observing him work with a PT multiple times a week and seeing not only all of the benefits he receives from it, but how much she was getting out of it as well, sold me on 7+ years of school (yay).




A little more about me... I am in a sorority, Delta Delta Delta, here at UCF. In the time that I have, that is not eaten away by school and studying, you'll probably find me at the beach or in the company of friends and family. And I am warning you, this is my first blog of any kind, so I have no idea what I am doing and am a little out of my comfort zone but, I am excited to try something new (so bare with me)!

-Heidi

1 comment:

  1. What a powerful purpose! You understand the value of your work! I too am a beach person. I think you will find that posting isn't as scary as you think.

    ReplyDelete